iWeb Tutorial: How to Add HTML5 Slideshow to iWeb
iWeb, popular for allowing users to create and customize their iWeb sites without coding, is the template-based WYSIWYG web page editor developed by Apple Inc. After knowing that some HTML5 Slideshow Maker users want to have iWeb slideshows amd know the way to embed iWeb slideshows, we decided to write this iWeb tutorial to share how to add HTML5 slideshow to iWeb. If you want to add a flash slideshow powered by our flash slideshow programs to iWeb, you can refer to this iWeb tutorial too, the way on how to embed HTML5 slideshows to iWeb is similar to the way how to embed flash slideshows to iWeb.
Preparation: Make an HTML5 slideshow
By using HTML5 Slideshow Maker, you can easily and quickly create a cool HTML5 slideshow. There are two methods to add an HTML5 slideshow to iWeb, and they are differed by the way you publish your HTML5 slideshow, which is the third step of "How to Create a Slideshow with HTML5 Slideshow Maker". You need to choose the method in correspond to the way you publish your HTML5 slideshow. We recommend Method 1 because it is easier than Method 2.
- Method 1 (Recommended) : Create an HTML5 slideshow and upload it to Go2Album when you publishing it;
- Method 2: Create an HTML5 slideshow and publish it without uploading to Go2Album.
Methods for adding an HTML5 Slideshow to iWeb
When an HTML5 slideshow is created with HTML5 Slideshow Maker, it's easy to embed it into iWeb pages. You can choose the method you like and then follow the steps below to embed an HTML5 slideshow to iWeb pages. Please note that Method 1 is easier than Method 2.
Method 1: Easier way to add an HTML5 slideshow to iWeb
1. Create a new iWeb page by File > New Page, or open the page which you want to add an HTML5 slideshow.
2. Select "HTML Snippet" from the "Insert" menu to open the "HTML Snippet" window.
3. Paste the embedding code you got from Go2Album into the HTML Snippet window and click the "Apply" button.
After that, you will see the iWeb slideshow then and it's ready to be published online by using the built-in iWeb publish tool.
Method 2. Professional way to add an HTML5 slideshow to iWeb.
1. Upload the output folder of your HTML5 slideshow to your website server.
Assume the output folder of your HTML5 slideshow is named "HTML5 Slideshow", your website domain is "www.sample-site.com", the html file which is not named "fs_aux" in folder "HTML5 Slideshow" is named "slideshow", then after you upload the files, you can view your slideshow from the link "www.sample-site.com/HTML5 Slideshow/fs_aux.html" and the link "www.sample-site.com/HTML5 Slideshow/slideshow.html". You can get the codes of your HTML5 slideshow from the latter.
2. Create a new iWeb page by File > New Page, or open the page you want to add an HTML5 slideshow.
3. Click "Insert" menu and open the "HTML Snippet".
4. Paste the embedding code you got from step 1 into the HTML Snippet window and click the "Apply" button.
A few seconds later, you can preview your HTML5 slideshow, and then you just need to publish your iWeb website.